Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bjork!




Let me start this blog by paying homage to one of my fashion icons, Bjork! Yup, the Icelandic singer with the infamous swan dress of Oscars fashion history. Seeing Bjork walk the red carpet in that swan dress-- it just dawned on me that YOU CAN ACTUALLY WEAR WHAT YOU WANT, WHEREVER! so if you wanna be a swan, by all means, go, even if its THE Oscars! So even though that swan dress may be a little horrible for others, it was just fabulously fantastic for me because it was bold, and courageous and soooo Bjork! That girl Bjork taught me that indeed, STYLE HAS NO RULES. As long as you're wearing who you are, your style shines through. WOW! ANG GALING! See, I grew up thinking that style equals Jackie O and Holly Golightly. alone. Simple classic pieces are what you need to be stylish. Which makes perfect sense, actually, but My Gosh, I was in college! Then, all I wanted was "look at me accessories" or "im screaming shirts" and although I was happy wearing those, at the back of my mind, i thought i was tacky. So un-Jackie o-like! But Bjork came. And oohlala. The earth shook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

whats your take on it?